- 40 lovely people came. 0 non-lovely people did too.
- 4 projects came, presented, informed, and discussed: Magic Beans, Spurgeons, StreetView Oxford, and DinnerTime.
- £300 was raised for the successful project (StreetView Oxford)
- uncounted new connections and friends were made.
- As some of you will know, the vast majority of our food ingredients were provided by the wonderful Oxford Foodbank. Which means, based on a nifty tool developed by Community Action Groups Oxfordshire:
- 54.4kgs of waster prevented
- 211.07kg carbon emissions avoided
- £8.37 local authority cost saving (not paying for food to be collected and wasted
- £156.36 consumer cost savings (spread across the 40 people, that’s almost £4 each, which is a happy coincidence)
It would be hugely remiss of me not thank the many people who were so instrumental in the success of the event, both on the day and in the planning stages. Including, but definitely not limited to: Peter, Madeleine, Jess, Sue, Tillie, Alex, Tom, Daisy, Oxford Hub, CAG Oxfordshire, and the Oxford Food Bank.
We’ve had some logistical problems with our video of the evening, and we’re still editing the photos – but those will be coming at you in the coming weeks.
We’d love to hear what you thought about the event, at the time or on reflection. And if you have any suggestions or comments, or want to help us run the next event then contact us via the contact us page!
Please keep in touch and up-to-date – we promise the next event will be bigger, better, even more tasty, and will do even more good in our community.